Chapter 7-A

Yes, it's another one of those "In Between" Chapters again ... but I just COULDN'T let THESE songs sneak by without featuring them!

FIRST UP:  THE RONETTES' original version of CHAPEL OF LOVE ... why THIS one sat in the can is beyond me ... SPECTOR gave away a sure-fire hit that later topped the charts for THE DIXIE CUPS.

I've ALSO included DARLENE LOVE's solo version of CHAPEL OF LOVE.  Now that we've all got THE DIXIE CUPS' version permanently embedded in our brains, it's hard to imagine anyone else singing this song ... yet had either of these versions come out FIRST, odds are we may never have even HEARD of THE DIXIE CUPS!!!

AND THEN:  RINGO, I LOVE YOU by BONNIE JO MASON.  Yes, it's horrible ... but it's CHER before there even WAS a CHER!!!  SONNY BONO always looked at PHIL SPECTOR as his mentor ... and he learned a WHOLE lot from the master.  Years later, SPECTOR would produce CHER again ... I've also included HER version of BABY, I LOVE YOU, another long-lost, overlooked PHIL SPECTOR Production.  (RINGO, I LOVE YOU ... BABY, I LOVE YOU ... make up your mind!!!  At this rate you'll soon be recording songs like SONNY, I LOVE YOU; GREGG ALLMAN, I LOVE YOU; GENE SIMMONS, I LOVE YOU; DAVID GEFFEN, I LOVE YOU ... FILL IN THE NAME OF YOUR OWN FAVORITE BOY-TOY and / or WAITER, I LOVE YOU ... c'mon, CHER ... this could go on for DECADES!!!  Oh wait ... it DID!!!!!)

And finally, that EXTREMELY rare track OH BABY by HARVEY AND DOC AND THE DWELLERS, the record that STEVE told us yesterday was actually PHIL SPECTOR HIMSELF!!!  (Give THIS one a listen ... gee, I wonder why THIS wasn't a hit!!!) 


MORE WELL-WISHES FROM THE BLEACHERS:

I am really enjoying the Phil Spector series!  Love all that you are doing! 

Pat D.

This is ALWAYS good stuff ... you do a tremendous service to us oldie addicts. Thanks! 

Bob Mayben

Luv your Spector series ...  

PLQQKER

Thanks!  And thanks to TOM DIEHL, too, for posting info on the SPECTROPOP Website about STEVE's Tribute to the Genius of PHIL SPECTOR ... we picked up QUITE a few new subscribers this past week as a result of this!

What is it that the kiddies say these days?   Oh, yeah.  Mad props to Big Slick (a/k/a Steve K) on the Phil Spector series.  I know Steve and I know his, uh, fondness?  affection?  obsession? with all things Spector and I knew he'd surprise a few people with his thoroughness.   Keep 'em coming, Slick.
I'm diggin' life reading through Steve's Spectoratory and can't wait for the next chapter.
................ Ed44

It IS pretty impressive, isn't it!!!

thanks so much for the Spector series ..... it's incredible!

john

Greetings, Kent ...

This Phil Spector series has been very entertaining and 'all-encompassing.'

Fred

Hi Kent,

Thoroughly enjoying the Spector series and the music files that go with it. Makes me wish I had been an FH member during the times you've run other series.

Dave O'Gara

How many more chapters are there in the Phil Spector series?

Steve

It'll run all month ... I think there are something like fifteen chapters ... plus all of my "fillers" ... why, are you bored already???

No, not at all.  It's absolutely amazing.  And to think that we're only on Chapter 6 and there's already this mammoth amount of information.  I don't know how you do it!

Steve

Well, THIS time around I had a WHOLE lotta help ... STEVE KNUETTEL put together an INCREDIBLE series ... EXACTLY the kind of stuff we wanna run here in FORGOTTEN HITS!

CLICK HERE TO MOVE ON TO CHAPTER 7-B:

https://fhphilspector.blogspot.com/2021/04/chapter-7-b.html

YOU CAN ALSO USE THE ARCHIVE DROP DOWN TO RETURN TO ANY CHAPTER OF YOUR CHOOSING:

https://fhphilspector.blogspot.com/